Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cover Links

Cover Links! You know... cover links! For music!

Jeff Tweedy from Wilco covers Black Eyed Peas


I can't say that I've ever really sought after Wilco songs. I know they're a great band, and that they have a very strong fanbase for concerts and on the Interweb. I can honestly say that after watching those videos, I can understand why.

I've commented to my wife that it would be so freaking awesome if Indie artists did more Hip Hop/RnB/Rap covers. Like, how cool would it be to hear Bishop Allen cover some Cee-Lo?
Pixie Lott does... and it's amazing!

Pixie Lott blog post

And if you love cover songs, check out THESE VIDEOS at the A.V. Club. They are awesome.

There's so many cover songs out there. I love it when a musician takes an existing song and reworks it into their own version of the same song. It only works if they make it their own though. Pearl Jam is guilty of just performing another artist's song as it is written. Boring.


I could probably find more links for fun cover songs, but the dishes await me.

No comments:

Post a Comment