Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday! You know... yesterday!

So yesterday... yesterday was a busy day. No time for blogging.

I drove my wife to work (there's got to be a cooler way to refer to her in these posts... I'll revisit that.) On the way, my little Bean (daughter for the uninitiated) fell asleep. Oh great. Now her nap is going to be a little bit later, and that puts her whole schedule off for the day. And she's going to Grandma's house for a couple hours in the afternoon, so she needs to wake up for that.
She stayed awake for the ride home, and I let her play for a little while once we got home. Then it was Nap Attempt #1.
Followed closely by Nap Failure #1.
She chatted happily to herself in her darkened room with an occasional loud freak out from what I can only guess as her leg getting caught in the crib rails. She freed it within seconds, this I know because of the following "Yay!".
After 30mins of this, she decided to scream and cry and carry on until I eventually decided that Nap Time would have to wait a bit longer. More like she had decided for us.
While we were playing, my wife called sick from work, which meant I had to go pick her up, which more than likely meant our Bean would sleep on the way again. She only lasted 5mins awake in the car and slept the rest of the 40min ride.

Now that Mama Bean (nickname for now I guess, pending approval), was home, Little Bean's visit to Grandma's wasn't necessary. But a Nap most certainly was. Altogether she had only slept for less than an hour, and she usually naps for 2hours.
Nap Attempt #2 was met quickly with Nap Failure #2. This girl was not going to nap today.

That meant I had to go to my afternoon shift and leave sick Mama Bean with a potentially cranky Little Bean.

Thankfully, when I got home, Mama Bean reported that Little Bean was an angel, and had played so well during the afternoon.
Bedtime that night, obviously, was very easy as we had a very tired Bean on our hands.

Hey, because I'm the Dad, does that make me Fava Bean?

No comments:

Post a Comment